Navigating the Conversation Window & Timeline
Review a visitor or contact’s interaction and conversation history in the timeline. Once a visitor has a contact profile, their interactions will appear in a single timeline view.
In this article:
- Opening a Contact’s Conversation Timeline
- Using the Timeline Toolbar
- Using the Conversation Toolbar
- Replying to Conversations
- Contact profiles and integration tabs
Welcome to the Dashboard
When you first open Acquire, you’ll see the Live Dashboard.
Let’s familiarize ourselves with this page.
- Conversation List - To the left, you’ll see the Conversation List with pending, active, and all other conversations.
- Live Dashboard - Your conversation analytics for the day.
- Pending Chat Request - When you have a conversation come in, you’ll see a notification appear.
- Test Page - Click this button to go to your test (simulate) page. Test widget functionality such as Chatbots, Business Rules, and more.
Opening a Contact’s Conversation Timeline
View a contact’s conversation timeline by clicking on their name under Conversations in the Acquire Dashboard or from the Contact List.
Using the Contact and Button Shortcut Section
- the 'Add Contact' button - use this form to add a contact. New contacts will appear in your Contact List section.
- the cobrowse code input field - when a visitor shares a cobrowse code with you, paste the code into the field and then press the arrow button to start a cobrowsing section.
- the phone button - to conduct an audio call, view the call history, or see the queue. A phone number must be integrated in Acquire to use this feature.
Using the Timeline Toolbar
Once you’ve opened a contact’s conversation timeline, you’ll see their most recent conversation and their interaction history. The timeline toolbar at the top allows you to manage all conversations and take quick actions.
The toolbar contains:
- Create a new case. This allows you to add a new record to their timeline, whether that’s a new conversation, note, or ticket.
- Create a new note. Leave details for your teammates using notes. These are only visible in Acquire and will not be available to the contact.
- Send email. Opens a new email thread with the contact.
- Call. One-click dialing to the phone number associated with their profile.
- Reload timeline. Refreshes the conversation timeline.
- Search timeline. Find specific words, phrases, and interactions within the timeline.
- Close chats. Change all open and pending conversations to ‘Closed’ status.
- Sort by interaction type
- Sort by time periods
Using the Conversation Toolbar
This toolbar allows you to take certain actions depending on the channel and manage additional functions like tagging and snoozing.
- Open the Cobrowse panel
- Open the Screen Share panel
And then to the right of this:
- Invite a team member or transfer to a department
- Add conversation tags
- Snooze the conversation
- Change conversation status
- More menu (‘...’):
- Mail transcript
- Print conversation
- Move conversation (within the timeline)
- Merge conversation
- Reload conversation
- Delete conversation
Replying to Conversations
Within an open conversation, the reply window provides a number of different functions to help you better communicate with visitors.
Use the buttons in the lower left corner to quickly access shortcuts for autofill responses, add emojis, upload attachments, insert an app, or translate your response into the visitor’s language (note: you’ll still see the conversation in the original language). You can also toggle to add notes to the conversation, for yourself or other team members.
From here, you are also able to pick the channel you want to send the reply through. By default, the conversation’s original channel will be selected, but in some cases you may wish to change it, for instance if the contact is offline, you may want to send an email instead.
Contact Profiles and Integration Tabs
On the right side of the conversation window is the Contact Profile and installed integration tabs.
Each profile will show the contact’s name, status (online: green dot or offline: grey dot), and provides one-click buttons for starting video or voice calls and snoozing the contact. Use the three dots ‘...’ to open additional actions including:
- ask visitor for details - during a chat, requests visitor details. Please note this will not work with third-party integrations such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, and others.
- merge contact - merge the current contact with an existing contact.
- block contact - blocks the contact from submitting messages in the widget.
- reload profile - refreshes the profile pane.
Beneath these buttons are the profile details. These include contact information and any custom attributes that have been added, case fields, tags, and an account overview.
You can also toggle to the Timeline to view additional information like browser and operating system, which page they’re currently browsing, and a history of all interactions with your website and widget.
Integration tabs are listed along the top of this panel. Here you’ll be able to access apps to sync data between platforms, look up order history and information, search for knowledge base articles, and more. Learn more about our Integrations & App Store →
Viewing Live Analytics
See conversation and agent activity when you click on the Dashboard.
You’ll also be able to see the total number of conversations for the day, as well as how many agents are on or offline. See more in our Live Dashboard article.
Having trouble? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.