Crafting Custom Reports
Good data starts with asking good questions. With Custom Reports, we’ve made it easier for you to drill down to the metrics you need.
In this article:
- Creating a New Report
- Configuring Charts
- Updating Reports
- Editing and Deleting Reports
Creating a New Report
To create a customized report, go to Analytics > Custom Reports and select ‘Create New’. A menu will appear. Give your report a name and description.
In ‘Select report type’, choose which type of data you’d like to use in the report. Choose from three options:
- Conversations - see conversation data, including information about the contact and visit
- Operator - see information about your operators, including average response and rating
- Contact - see information about contacts including demographic, custom attributes, device information, and third-party app involvement
Once you’ve selected your report type, select the type of chart you want to create.
Step 1: Name the chart
Step 2: Add fields from the ‘Select Your Data Fields / Columns’ by clicking on ‘+ Add More Data Fields’. Acquire uses fields to track visitor and agent interactions. Create new fields in Custom Attributes.
Step 3: Aggregate field data by using the dropdown menus. There are three options:
- Distinct Count - Counts the number of distinct values available in that column
- Group By - Groups rows that have the same values into aggregate rows, such as "find the number of customers in each country"
- Sum - Adds up the total number of values for a column, such as “find out when average wait times start to negatively impact feedback”
- Average - Averages numerical values, such as “average response times across departments”
- None - Shows the actual value of the field for every row. Recommended for tabular charts such as “show the sites that users are coming from.”
Step 4: Select a data visualization. Depending on the data you’re analyzing, our system will select viable graphs and charts. The options are:
- Pie chart
- Bar graph
- Line graph
Once you’ve finalized the data and graph type, hit ‘Save’.
Updating a Report
Add or delete data fields and use filters to find relevant data.
Do you need to add or delete a data field? Select the ‘Data Columns’ button. From this menu, you can add new fields or delete ones that are no longer needed.
Use the ‘Filters’ button to add conditions to the data in the report. For example, if you created a report for the number of emails your operators sent, you may want to view only the emails that an agent, department, or country sent on a certain date.
Editing and Deleting Reports
Sometimes, you need to change or delete reports. To do so, click on the three dots (‘...’) next to the report’s name.
You’ll have the option to edit or delete the report.
Change the report’s name and description by selecting ‘Edit’. To change the data displayed in the report, refer to the ‘Updating a Report’ section of this article.
We’re constantly updating our analytics pages to provide you with the type of data you need. Have a suggestion? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.