Easily integrate apps that are not part of the Acquire Platform, such as CRM or billing applications, with Zapier. Create an automation from scratch with no coding involved, or use a template to get started quickly.
In this article:
- Understanding Triggers and Actions
- Authorizing Zapier
- Setting Up a Zap from Scratch
- Testing Zaps
- Launching and Modifying the Automation
- Zapier Templates
What you’ll need:
- A Zapier account
- Your Acquire instance’s subdomain
To find your Acquire subdomain, log in to the Acquire instance in your browser. Your subdomain is after the http:// in the URL.
Understanding Triggers and Actions
In Zapier, Zaps are triggers with predefined events or characteristics that allow an action to be performed. Our integrations apply Zaps instantly. For example, a Zap could be set when an agent closes a chat with a visitor.
Available Acquire Triggers in Zapier:
- Close Case - triggers when a case closes
- New Case - triggers when a new case is available
- New Contact - triggers when a new contact is created
- New Company - triggers when a new company is created
- Feedback Rating - triggers when a new chat feedback is available
- Contact Update - triggers when a contact field is updated
When a Zap is triggered, Zapier performs an action. For example, the ‘Create Contact’ action can be used to create a contact in HubSpot when a new contact is created in Acquire.
- Create Contact - creates a contact in Acquire
- Create Company - creates a company in Acquire
- Create Case - creates a case in Acquire
- Update Contact - update an existing contact’s fields
- Update Company - update an existing company’s fields
- Update Case - update an existing case’s fields
To use Zapier, you’ll need to authorize your Acquire and Zapier accounts, as well as any accounts you’d like to integrate with.
Step 1: To get started, log in to Acquire and go to the App Store > Automation > Zapier and click on the "Try Zap" link.
Choose a template or create your own Zap by clicking on the Acquire link.
Step 2: Once you choose the integration, you’ll be redirected to a Zapier setup where you’ll choose the Trigger event. In the following example, Acquire’s Close Case Trigger is used.
Step 3: Select ‘Continue’ to authorize your Acquire account. Once you choose the account, you should get a pop-up window asking for your Acquire subdomain.
Step 4: Input your subdomain, then press ‘Yes, Continue'.
You’ll be redirected to Acquire’s login screen. Log in to your Acquire account, and then grant Zapier access by clicking on the ‘Authorize Access’ button.
After authorization, you'll be sent back to Zapier. Your Acquire account is now connected!
Setting Up a Zap from Scratch
To make your own Zap, follow these steps. If you’d rather use a template, go to the Zapier Templates section below.
Step 1: To set up a Zap in Zapier, go to your Zapier dashboard and click on ‘Create Zap’.
Step 2: In the Trigger menu’s search bar, search for the Acquire app and select it.
Note: There may be more than one Acquire App. Choose the one WITHOUT (Legacy) next to it.
Step 3: Choose a Trigger
- Close Case
- New Case
- New Contact
- New Company
- Feedback Rating
- Contact Update
Step 4: Authorize the Acquire integration
Provide your subdomain and login credentials.
Step 5: Select a target app and choose an action from the drop-down menu
Step 6: Map case fields to fields in other apps
Once you choose the action you want to take, you’ll need to indicate which case fields to copy into the target app. Learn more about the fields that Acquire captures and how to create custom fields. In Acquire, we call fields ‘attributes’.
Once mapped, your target app should populate with visitor information each time an action is triggered.
Zapier allows you to test Triggers before you use them. To start testing, you may need sample data in Acquire and your other integrated platforms. For example, if you would like to send a Gmail every time you close a case in Acquire, you’d need a sample closed case in Acquire.
To create a sample case, write a message in the widget, and then close the case.
In the test Trigger section of your Zapier setup, load your recent closed cases as a sample. Then, choose a sample case to test.
Zapier will confirm that the action was successful.
Launching and Modifying the Automation
To enable the automation, turn the Zap on by clicking the switch to ‘on’. In this section, you may also modify information such as the Zap’s name, view task history, and more.
Connect your Zaps with Zapier Templates. Zapier Templates are pre-built trigger and action events that allow you to set up integrations between Acquire and other platforms. You’ll also be able to modify these and any other field mappings that you need to.
In the App Store, click on the Zapier tile’s ‘Try Zap’ link. Select the template you’d like to use and click on ‘Use this Zap’ next to the template’s name. You may also explore more templates by clicking on the Acquire link in the bottom right corner. You’ll need to log in to your Zapier account to view, create, and use these integrations.
- Send Gmail emails for closed Acquire cases
- Send emails for closed Acquire cases
- Add new Acquire companies to HubSpot
- Add rows to Google Sheets for new Acquire cases
- Add new Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM contacts to Acquire
- Send Slack direct messages for closed Acquire cases
- Send Slack messages for new Acquire cases
- Add new Acquire contacts to Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
- Create Zendesk users from new Acquire contacts
- Create Acquire cases from new Shopify orders
- Create Acquire cases from new WooCommerce orders
- Log closed Acquire cases on a Google Sheet
- Create Salesforce Contacts when new Contacts are created in Acquire
- Create Acquire Contacts from Salesforce New Records
- Create an Acquire Company from HubSpot New Company
- Create Acquire Case when a new SMS is created in Dialpad
- Create a Case in Acquire from Zendesk New Ticket
- Create a New Acquire Case when a New Invitee is Created in Calendly
- Create a Contact in Acquire from SugarCRM New Record
- Create a New Case in Acquire when a New Message is Sent to Page in Messenger
- Send Acquire Chat Feedback to a Gmail Inbox
You’ll find tutorials for Gmail, Salesforce, and Zendesk below:
Send feedback using Gmail whenever an Acquire case is closed.
Step 1: To get started, go to the App Store, click on the Zapier tile, and choose the Gmail template. You may need to sign in to your Zapier account.
Step 2: Once in Zapier, choose Acquire’s Close Case trigger. Then log in to your Acquire account.
Step 3: Choose ‘Send Email’ in your Gmail action and log in to your Gmail account to authorize it. Then, press ‘Continue’.
Step 4: Under the ‘Set up action’, locate the ‘To’ section and select ‘User Email’ from the drop-down menu. In the ‘From’ section, select the email address associated with your account.
Step 5: Create an easy-to-understand subject line by using the case id or a different identifier. Then, fill out the body of the email.
Once you complete setup, you may test out the integration through Zapier. Be sure to select ‘Turn on Zap’ to activate your Zap.
Create or update your contact information automatically with Salesforce. To use this template, go to the App Store and click on ‘Use this Zap’ button in the Zapier title. You will be redirected to Zapier (you may need to log in).
Available Salesforce Triggers:
- New Record - Whenever you create a record in Salesforce, a contact in Acquire is also created.
- Updated Field on Record - Updating a field in Salesforce, such as a contact’s email address, will also update the same field in Acquire.
- Updated Record - Whenever any record is updated (contact, lead, opportunity), a case, contact, or company will also be updated in Acquire.
- New Outbound Message - Whenever you receive a message in Salesforce, a new case may also be created in Acquire.
Available Salesforce Actions:
In addition to creating and updating records, you may also set the following Salesforce actions:
- Create Record or Update Record - Create or update a record whenever a contact is created or updated in Acquire
- Add Lead to Campaign - A new contact without a purchase history is considered a lead in Salesforce. Add new contacts from Acquire using this option.
- Add Contact to Campaign - A contact with a purchase record is considered a contact in Salesforce. You may use a Custom Attribute and the Acquire Trigger action Contact Update to differentiate between Salesforce leads and contacts.
- Create Attachment - Create a new Salesforce attachment up to 25MB.
You may also locate Salesforce records using Find Record, Find Record(s), or Find Record by Query. If no record is found, a new one will be created.
Sign in to your Salesforce and Acquire accounts to start using your Zaps and be sure to select ‘Turn on Zap’.
Create new Zendesk tickets, organizations, and users when you create new Acquire cases, companies, and contacts.
Available Zendesk Triggers:
- New Ticket - Create a new case in Acquire when a Zendesk ticket is added to a view.
- New Organization - Organizations are collections of users in Zendesk.
- New User - Create a new contact in Acquire when a contact is created in Zendesk.
- New View - Create an Acquire case when a new view is created.
- Recent Ticket - Create an Acquire case when a ticket is added (may take up to an hour for the Zendesk API to make the ticket available.)
- New Action on Ticket - Update an Acquire case when there’s new activity (an audit) on a Zendesk ticket. Limited to one Zap per ticket.
Available Zendesk Actions:
- Create Ticket - Create a Zendesk ticket when a new Acquire case is created.
- Update Ticket - Update a Zendesk ticket when an Acquire contact is updated.
- Add Comment to Ticket - Add a Zendesk comment when new chat feedback is available.
- Add Tag(s) to Ticket - Add a Zendesk tag for an Acquire trigger.
- Attach File to Ticket - Add a Zendesk file for an Acquire trigger.
- Create User - Create a Zendesk user when one is created in Acquire.
- Update User - Update a Zendesk user when you update an Acquire contact.
- Create Organization - Create an organization in Zendesk when you create a company in Acquire
- Update Organization - Update an organization and apply an Acquire trigger
You’ll also be able to create the Zendesk objects if none are found for Tickets, Users, and Organizations.
Sign in to your Acquire and Zendesk accounts to start using your Zaps and be sure to select ‘Turn on Zap’.
Save time by automating your work with Zapier and Acquire. Having trouble? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.