Configuring & Managing Cobrowse Settings
Keep everyone on the same page with Acquire Cobrowse. With Cobrowse, you can guide visitors with visual cues, troubleshoot issues, and help clients complete forms. No visitor downloads required.
In this article:
- What is Cobrowsing?
- Adjusting Cobrowse Settings
- Disabling Cobrowse
What is Cobrowsing?
Cobrowsing is a two-way browser-based interaction between a website visitor and an agent. The connection allows agents to view, annotate, and control a visitor’s browser tab with their permission. Think of it as driver's lessons for the web. Acquire Cobrowse uses a secure peer-to-peer connection with no third-party applications needed.
Adjusting Cobrowse Settings
To make changes to cobrowsing, navigate to Settings > Installation and Setup > Cobrowse Settings.
Toggle the following settings on or off to suit your needs:
- Cobrowse-Only Widget turns off all Acquire Web Widget features except cobrowsing. After clicking on the Widget, the visitor is given a unique code that will start a cobrowsing session. They’ll need to share this code with the agent via a phone call or email. Don’t enable this if you have other features on your widget such as forms, bots, or integrations.
- Default Annotation Mode allows agents to draw and highlight on the page during a cobrowse session. Annotations disappear after 10 seconds.
- Cobrowse in Iframe Client allows cobrowsing when iframe technology is used on the page.
- Read-Only Mode allows agents to view and annotate a screen. Agents won't be able to type, navigate, or otherwise manipulate the visitor's page.
- Disable Text Field controls an agent’s ability to type on a visitor’s page during a cobrowse session. Set this to active if you don’t want your agents to type on the visitor’s webpage.
- Show URL Bar allows the agent to see the visitor’s page URL and browser toolbar during a session.
- Send Permission Request will show a pop-up that asks the visitor's permission to start a cobrowse session. We recommend keeping this setting on.
- Connect a contact by code finds contacts in Acquire’s platform using the session code. It doesn’t actually start a cobrowse session, however.
Disable cobrowse for specific employees by heading to Settings > Account Settings > Users and Roles > Manage Roles. Click on the three dots (‘...’) under the Actions heading. Navigate to the Chat tab and deselect Cobrowse.
Note: If you are restricting cobrowsing for a group, you will need to add a new role and add those employees to that role.
Create the ultimate cobrowsing experience by configuring and managing settings. We’ve also got you covered if you need to mask a payment form or cobrowse on more than one domain.