Getting Started - Users
Navigating the Conversation Window & Timeline
Review a visitor or contact’s interaction and conversation history in the timeline. Once a visitor has a contact profile, their interactions will appear in a single timeline view.
In this article:
- Opening a contact’s conversation timeline
- Using the timeline toolbar
- Using the conversation toolbar
- Replying to conversations
- Contact profiles and integration tabs
Opening a Contact’s Conversation Timeline
View a contact’s conversation timeline by clicking on their name under Conversations in the Acquire Dashboard or from the Contact List.
Using the Timeline Toolbar
Once you’ve opened a contact’s conversation timeline, you’ll see their most recent conversation, plus their interaction history. The timeline toolbar at the top allows you to manage all conversations and take quick actions.
The toolbar contains:
- Create a new case. This allows you to add a new record to their timeline, whether that’s a new conversation, note, or ticket.
- Create a new note. Leave details for your teammates using notes. These are only visible in Acquire and will not be available to the contact.
- Send email. Opens a new email thread with the contact.
- Call. One-click dialing to the phone number associated with their profile.
- Reload timeline. Refreshes the conversation timeline.
- Search timeline. Find specific words, phrases, and interactions within the timeline.
- Close chats. Change all open and pending conversations to ‘Closed’ status.
- Sorting by interaction type
- Sorting by time periods
Using the Conversation Toolbar
This toolbar allows you to take certain actions depending on the channel and manage additional functions like tagging and snoozing.
- Open the Cobrowse panel
- Open the Screen Share panel
And then to the right of this:
- Invite a team member or transfer to a department
- Add conversation tags
- Snooze the conversation
- Change conversation status
- More menu (‘...’):
- Mail transcript
- Print conversation
- Move conversation (within the timeline)
- Merge conversation
- Reload conversation
- Delete conversation
Replying to Conversations
Within an open conversation, the reply window provides a number of different functions to help you better communicate with visitors.
Use the buttons in the lower left corner to quickly access shortcuts for autofill responses, add emojis, upload attachments, insert an app, or translate your response into the visitor’s language (note: you’ll still see the conversation in the original language). You can also toggle to add notes to the conversation, for yourself or other team members.
From here, you are also able to pick the channel you want to send the reply through. By default, the conversation’s original channel will be selected, but in some cases you may wish to change it, for instance if the contact is offline, you may want to send an email instead.
Learn more about having conversations in Acquire →
Contact Profiles and Integration Tabs
On the right side of the conversation window is the Contact Profile and installed integration tabs.
Each profile will show the contact’s name, status (online: green dot or offline: grey dot), and provides one-click buttons for starting video or voice calls and snoozing the contact. Use the three dots ‘...’ to open additional actions including ask visitor for details, merge contact, block contact, and reload profile.
Beneath these buttons are the profile details. These include contact information and any custom attributes that have been added, case fields, tags, and an account overview.
You can also toggle to the Timeline to view additional information like browser and operating system, which page they’re currently browsing, and a history of all interactions with your website and widget.
Integration tabs are listed along the top of this panel. Here you’ll be able to access apps to sync data between platforms, look up order history and information, search for knowledge base articles, and more. Learn more about our Integrations & App Store →